Violent Crimes in Toronto
|Year to Date 2007 in Toronto|
|Year to Date 2006 in Toronto|
Guns in Toronto 2006
Guns in Toronto 2005
Guns and Stabbings in Toronto 2007
- Apr. 7 - Shooting - Around 6 p.m., a 22-year-old man was shot twice, including once in the head at the North Kipling Community Centre in the Kipling and Finch area of Etobicoke. The victim was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital in critical condition but is expected to survive. Police have no suspects and no motive for the attack.
- Apr 5 - Shooting - Around 3:30 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in the head and killed in a drive-by shooting. The incident happened in the driveway of Burnhamthorpe Collegiate near East Mall and Burnhamthorpe Dr. in Etobicoke. Police have no suspects.
- Apr 2 - Stabbing - A 20-year-old man was shot and stabbed in an apartment complex in the Jane/Finch area. He was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital and later died. Police are examining surveillance tapes.
- Mar 31- Shooting - Around 9 p.m., shots were fired in the Old Finch and Morningside area of Sc********gh. When police arrived, the victim had left the scene but one man was taken into custody. About an hour later, the male victim showed up at a hospital and was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg.
- Mar 27 - Shooting - Around 7:45 p.m., a man in his 20s was shot in the chest. The shooting happened near the East York Town Centre at Thorncliffe Pk. Drive and Overlea Blvd. The man was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries. Police are searching for 2 suspects who fled to a nearby apartment building.
- Mar. 17 - Shooting - Around 5 a.m., two men were shot in a basement apartment in the Vaughan Rd. and Oakwood Ave. area of the city. Both men were taken to hospital where one of the men in his 20s was pronounced dead from a gunshot wound to the head. The second man was shot in the chest and underwent surgery. Police are searching for suspects.
- Mar. 15 - Shooting - Around 4:30 p.m., police were called to an apartment in the Finch Ave. and Weston Rd. area. They found the lifeless body of a 40-year-old man who had been shot several times. Police have no information as to a motive or suspects.
- Mar 15 - Shooting - Around 8 pm., a man was robbed at gunpoint on Morningside Dr. near Lawrence Ave. E. During the course of the robbery the victim was shot in the foot. Police are looking for 2 men.
- Mar 11 - Shooting - An 18-year-old woman was shot in the buttocks as she was leaving a restaurant at 5:40 a.m. The shooting took place near Islington and Finch. Police are looking for suspects and have no motive for the shooting.
- Mar 10 - Shooting - Around 2:30 am, a 19-year-old man was shot in the leg in the Danforth and Main St. area of east Toronto. He was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The suspect was last seen running north on Barrington Avenue and police are looking for witnesses.
- Mar 3- Shooting - Around 12:30 a.m., a 17-year-old was shot in the arm and leg in front of a fast food restaurant and King and Dufferin in the city's west end. He was taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries and underwent surgery.
- Feb 15 - Shooting - Around 1 a.m., a man left a Kingston Rd. nightclub after becoming invovled in a dispute with security staff. He returned with a gun and fired at least 6 shots into the crowded bar. There were no injuries and a 30-year-old man who was seen fleeing the scene in a van was taken into custody. The gun was recovered.
- Feb. 4 - Shooting - Around 12:30 a.m., 3 men were shot at a party. The shootings took place in a house on Scarborough Heights Blvd. in the McCowan and Kingston Road area. Two men were shot in the chest and the third in the leg. One man was pronounced dead in the ambulance and the other two are expected to recover. Police are searching for two men in their late teens or early 20s.
- Jan. 29 - Shooting - Around 8 p.m., a 30-year-old man was shot in the back in front of a townhouse complex in the Morningside and Finch Ave. area of SCARBOROUGH. He was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police are searching for 3 suspects.
- Jan 20 - Stabbing - Around 4 a.m., police were called to an apartment in the Weston Rd and Rogers Rd area. They found the body of a 37-year-old woman who had been stabbed to death. Police believe the killing resulted from a domestic dispute.
- Jan 19 - Shooting - Around 5 p.m., shots were fired outside of a jewellery store located in the Eglinton Ave. and Warden Ave. area of Councillor Norm Kelly's Scarborough. One man inside the store was hit in the back and went to SCARBOROUGH Grace Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No arrests have been made.
- Jan 16 - Shooting - Around 3 a.m., a 25-year-old man was shot in the arm and knee and taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The incident happened in a restaurant in the Weston Rd. and Finch Ave. area. Police say that the witnesses to the shooting are being uncooperative.
- Jan 14 - Shooting - A person walking in a Scarborough park near Brimley and the 401 around 9:30 a.m. found the body of a 23-year-old man. He had been shot in the chest. Police are attemping to track the man's movements in the hours preceeding the body being found.
- Jan 14 - Shooting - Around 2:30 a.m., a fight developed in a nightclub located at 240 Richmond St. in the Entertainment District. The fight moved out to the street where a 20-year-old man was shot in the chest and groin and a 21-year-old was shot in the wrist. Both men have non-life-threatening injuries and police are looking for witnesses and the shooter.
- Jan 11 - Shooting - Around 3 p.m., police found two men in their 20s who had been shot. They were found in a parking lot in Flemingdon Park in the Don Mills and Eglinton Ave. area. One man was pronounced dead at the scene while the other was taken to hospital and underwent surgery. Police are looking for witnesses and suspects.
- Jan 10 - Shooting - Around 10 p.m, a man was shot in the leg during a home invasion in an apartment on Oak St. in the River St. and Dundas St. area. He was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police are looking for suspects.
- Jan. 8 - Shooting - Around 4:30 p.m., a 46-year-old man was shot in the stomach on a street in the Kipling Ave./Rexdale Blvd. area of Etobicoke. He was rushed to hospital in critical condition. Police are seeking a suspect and trying to ascertain a motive for the shooting.
- Jan 6 - Stabbing - Around 10 p.m., 3 masked men knocked on the door of a home in the Bloor St. and Dufferin St. area. The man who answered the door was stabbed in the neck. He was taken to hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries. Police are investigating and looking for suspects.
- Jan 6 - Stabbing - At about 8 p.m., a woman in her 30s was stabbed in the back in the Main St. subway station. It is believed the assailant was attempting to cut the strap of her purse and missed. The woman was taken to hospital, treated and released. Police are examining surveillance tapes.
- Jan6 - Shooting - Around 7 p.m., a man was returning to his vehicle after making a night deposit at a bank in the Finch Ave. and Keele St. area when he was shot. There was no attempt at robbery and the man was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Jan. 2 - Shooting - Two men were shot as they were in the proceess of being evicted from the Guvernment nightclub at Queen's Quay and Jarvis St. Both men were taken to hospital after the 3 a.m. shootings and are suffering from non-life-threatening wounds. Police are searching for suspects.
- Jan. 2 - Shooting - Around 1 a.m., a woman in her late teens or early 20s was shot in the face in an apartment building in the Lawrence Ave. and Weston Rd. area. She was rushed to hospital in critical condition and the homicide squad has been called in.
- Jan 1 - Shooting - Around 2:30 p.m., a woman believed to be in her 60s answered the door at her home and was shot in the face. The incident happened on Snowball Cresc. which is in the Sheppard Ave./Markham Rd. area of Scarborough. The woman was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital where she was pronounced dead. The shooter had fled the scene.